Book Review:Finders, Keepers
Paperback: 624 pages
Publisher: Lead Start Publishing Pvt Ltd
About the author
Brought up in the city of Nawabs, Lucknow, Sapan s/o Sri U. C. Saxena, DGM & Zonal Head did B. Tech in Information & Technology from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad and is working in M/s KRONOS at Noida. He started taking interest in writing on various spiritual and mythological subjects during his college days and his work found place in leading newspapers on many occasions. His profession is engineering but writing is his passion. He connects and finds links of modernization with mythology having keen interest in the same.
Sapan married in the year 2011 and is now the proud father of a toddler. A responsible father, a loving husband, a supportive brother and a caring son, Sapan generates time to write.
He has written a Book titled FINDERS, KEEPERS which is a fictional work, a perfect blend of riddles with history and mythology, and is full of suspense till the last page.
Blurb of the book:
Finders, Keepers. Losers, Weepers
Two men are murdered in settings which speak volumes of involvement of some sacred cynicism. A psycho-killer on the loose? Or is this the beginning of something much more grave and dangerous?
This is the tale of how Deputy Director, I.B., Shoumik Haldar and celebrated author Ishan Vajpayee exercise all their tools of conventional and unconventional deduction to solve the puzzles thrown across by the enemy, yet unrevealed.
Intertwined intensely with the opulent mythological tales and specimens attributing to the rich cultural heritage of this country, the story depicts the resurgence of a dormant historical sect, which attacks the very foundations of one of the most powerful and secreted organizations of all times.
Spread across the length and breadth of the entire Indian subcontinent, read the mystery as it unravels with the duo travelling from one corner of the country to another searching for the signs.
The cover-page is beautifully designed and had elements which generated enough interest in me to pick up the book and frankly speaking, it was not at all a decision.
Main Characters of the book:
Shoumik Haldar and Ishan Vajpayee
This book is a work of fiction. However, it fetches its concepts, certain characters and plot from the ancient Indian mythology and history. A finder, keepers is an intriguing book which is not only thrilling but adventurous as well. You would definitely love to read it if you have an inclination towards history, mythology and technology.
1) Finders, keepers is overall a wonderful concept.
2) Beautiful characterization – Language used by the author is lucid. The way twists are kept in the story is commendable. It doesn’t actually allow you to keep down the book which is definitely the USP of the book.
3) brilliantly merged – Finders, keepers offers you a mixture of history, thrill, mystery and technology. Even though it is a massive tale. It has a potential to keep you glued till the end.
4) The end of the story – Author has brilliantly penned down the whole story but the way end of the story is portrayed is again appreciable. As author leaves it all upon a reader to think and judge whether it was some natural force like Almighty or it was a mere coincidence.
1) Editing Errors – Yes, there were few editing errors which I think can be easily rectified in the next edition.
2) Too long – For a non reader or for someone who is not a vicarious reader, Finders, keepers can be a tough call.
3) No titles to the chapters – Whooping 108 chapters are there in the book but none of them are given any title. which I think is a drawback again.
Overall, it was a great experience reading this book. If you are into serious reading then you can’t let this book go. Keeping aside those minor negative points, If you ask me for my opinion, this book a must read.
Rating : 4.5 out of 5
you can order your copy from : http://www.amazon.com/Finders-Keepers-Sapan/dp/9384027545